Thursday, July 23, 2015

Lemon Ginger Muffins, Butternut Squash Bisque, Eggplant Spaghetti: A few recipes that need to be shared.

Alright so I have a couple of recipes to share today that I have tried out this week.

 But first of all....

The fleas are gone! Yay!

They absolutely sucked. I (and the dogs) still have a couple bites that itch once in a while, but the nasty little jerks are dead. My kitty is the only who seemed to escape it for the most part but she still got treated (we ended up using Advantage II since its not toxic to cats. It was effective!)

So that's a great thing.

Anyway...a few good recipes to share.

Lemon Ginger Muffins

I'm having these for breakfast and they turned out fantastic. I got it from Taste of Home Lighter Sides:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/lemon-ginger-muffins

Although I'm not sure how light they ended up being... I really hate replacement sugar so I just used sugar and then ended up using Fage yogurt (made it delicious and creamy! The non fat yogurt I have belongs to the dogs and I really didn't want to mix that into the recipe...Unknown chicken bits and/or supplements from their treats would find a way in.) 

They're light and fluffy! I also added some chopped nuts and cinnamon. They would be absolutely perfect with some type of delicious glaze... but then again that would probably add a few thousand calories. (maybe a yogurt based icing would work?) 

They're only about 170 calories per muffin. Not too bad.





Next, these are two recipes I tried off my Pinterest searches. 

The spicy eggplant spaghetti is amazing and I'm super addicted to it....in fact I'm making it later.

http://food52.com/recipes/24001-spicy-eggplant-pasta

Spicy Eggplant Pasta




Then...if you're in the mood for soup give this a try. Its very simple, filling, and delicious. It has a tendency to be very thick so make sure you process it for a good 5-10 min (unlike what I did.)

Butternut Squash Bisque:

http://www.allysonkramer.com/2012/10/sundried-tomato-and-butternut-squash-bisque/

This Sundried Tomato and Butternut Squash Bisque is so creamy, you won't believe it's dairy-free (but don't worry, it is).