Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Most Expensive Cup of Coffee Ever.....

There are parts about Hawaii that I absolutely love. The beaches, warm weather, beautiful mountains, etc.

But I absolutely hate the traffic and the people that are in it.
I decided to venture out to a new coffee shop (instead of walking to starbucks that is close by) and I checked traffic on my phone before I made the drive. I was please to find green lines!

Well I suddenly hit a wall of traffic, because of course, there was a lane merge. (there is always construction here. but no construction actually actively occurring.) So I checked my phone again to see how close I was. Looks like the coffee shop is just around the corner! Sweet...Don't have to sit here much longer.

Then I see there are a few cops standing at the lane merge and directing a few people into the gas station. I get directed in and I'm told that they are doing a mobile device screening....Apparently I was caught looking at my phone (checking my gps to see how bad traffic was) and now I'm being given a $300 ticket.

God damn it. When I explained I was checking my gps the officer told me an easier way to get to the coffee shop and that I could have just cut through the parking lot- had I done that earlier I would have avoided my stupid ticket.

UGH. Husband is underway right now so I'm sure he will be so pleased to find out about this when he gets back ;)

Anyway! This was a quick project that I made today. A friend of mine inspired this because she made a calendar just like it and I loved it.


1.Get a picture frame so that you can use the glass as a dry erase surface.
2.Pick up some paint sample cards (this is where you can have fun with colors and designs) Mine were a little too big so I had to cut them down to size.
3.Using a handy glue stick, or another glue like option, glue your squares down onto the back part of the picture frame.
4.I decided to paint the words "month" on there as well as my days. I also found some fun chalkboard stickers to help dress it up. You could get really creative with this in the scrapbooking section of craft stores!

And now you have a fun dry erase calendar that took maybe an hour to put together.